Piers Morgan says it is ‘heartbreakingly unhappy’ Queen Elizabeth will sit alone at Prince Philip’s funeral

0
176
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh during a visit to Hereford, UK, May 1996.


Piers Morgan expressed assist and sympathy for Queen Elizabeth II within the hours main as much as Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.

The Duke of Edinburgh might be laid to relaxation at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Fort, and given the stringent coronavirus protocols, the queen might be seated alone in the course of the intimate household occasion, shops reported Friday, citing a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace. 

On Friday afternoon, Morgan, 56, took to Twitter to react to the information.

“The Queen, who has devoted her life to selfless public service, might be pressured to sit down on their lonesome in the course of the funeral of her husband of 73 years, because of covid restrictions. How heartbreakingly unhappy,” Morgan wrote.

BILL MAHER, SHARON OSBOURNE RAIL AGAINST CANCEL CULTURE, ‘SNITCHES’ AT ‘THE TALK’: WE DON’T NEED ‘REEDUCATION’

Then, on Saturday morning, simply hours forward of the ceremonial royal funeral, Morgan adopted up with one other tweet through which he says his ideas are with the queen.

“Pondering of The Queen in the present day as she says goodbye to the love of her life,” Morgan tweeted together with two images of Philip and Her Majesty gazing into each other’s eyes.

Morgan notoriously left “Good Morning Britain” over his crucial remarks about Meghan Markle following the Oprah Winfrey interview in March. Morgan’s controversial feedback had been then supported by Sharon Osbourne on “The Discuss,” inflicting an intense on-air spat between Ozzy Osbourne’s spouse and co-host Sheryl Underwood. It ended with Osbourne leaving the present for good.

The Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Elizabeth II’s husband of 73 years, died on April 9. He was 99.

LIVE UPDATES: PRINCE PHILIP’S FUNERAL: DUKE OF EDINBURGH TO BE LAID TO REST AT ROYAL CEREMONY

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh during a visit to Hereford, UK, May 1996.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh throughout a go to to Hereford, UK, Could 1996.
(Tim Graham Picture Library by way of Getty Pictures)

The ceremonial royal funeral is anticipated to be a low-key send-off to Philip, the longest-serving royal consort in British historical past. The ceremony, code-named Operation Forth Bridge, was restricted to 30 attendees, however the service is one which the Duke of Edinburgh had a lot participation in planning previous to his passing.

The Queen might be joined by the 4 kids she shared with Prince Philip – Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward – in addition to Charles’s spouse Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Anne’s husband Timothy Laurence and Edward’s spouse Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

Moreover, every of Philip’s eight grandchildren — who embody Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Prince William, Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Woman Louise and James, Viscount Severn — may even attend the funeral.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Prince William’s spouse, Kate Middleton; Zara Tindall’s husband, Mike Tindall; Princess Eugenie’s husband, Jack Brooksbank, and Princess Beatrice’s husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, may even be a part of their royal spouses on the household occasion.

All funeral attendees might be required to put on face coverings whereas inside St. George’s Chapel whereas those that are collaborating within the funeral procession won’t be donning masks till they’ve entered the chapel.

Members of the Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the Royal Air Power and the British Military plan to participate within the funeral procession. Philip’s coffin might be carried to St. George’s Chapel on a specifically tailored Land Rover, which he designed himself.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

It was beforehand revealed that Prince Harry’s spouse, Meghan Markle, 39, won’t be in attendance. The Duchess of Sussex, who’s pregnant with the couple’s second baby, was suggested by her physician to not attend. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex settled down in Santa Barbara, California, final yr, months after the couple introduced their resolution to step again as senior members of the royal household.

Fox Information’ Julius Younger contributed to this report.



Supply hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here