Good morning and welcome to Fox Information First. Here is what you could know as you begin your day …
Suspect in Atlanta-area golf-course slayings captured, dealing with a number of fees
Authorities in Georgia say they’ve captured a suspect in reference to a triple murder on the Pinetree Nation Membership in Cobb County close to Atlanta final week that left a golf professional and two out-of-state males useless.
The U.S. Marshals-led Southeast Regional Fugitive Job Drive took 23-year-old Bryan Rhoden into custody when he surrendered in Chamblee, FOX 5 Atlanta reported Thursday night. The positioning was about 25 miles southeast of the place police discovered three our bodies on the golf course July 3.
Rhoden allegedly gunned down golf professional Gene Siller, 41, close to the tenth gap. Police beforehand mentioned they believed Siller was not initially a goal however was shot within the head after approaching a suspicious truck that had careened onto the golf course.
Police later discovered the our bodies of California resident Henry Valdez, 46, and Kansas resident Paul Pierson, 76, within the mattress of a white Dodge pickup truck caught on a hill of the golf course.
Cobb County police Chief Tim Cox instructed reporters Thursday night that Rhoden would face three counts every of homicide and aggravated assault in addition to two counts of kidnapping. He added that investigators may nonetheless pursue extra fees. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In different developments:
– Crime wave continues throughout main American cities
– MSNBC’S Chris Hayes hyperlinks crime development to ‘really surprising proliferation of weapons’
– Kansas Metropolis ‘defund the police’ effort ‘harmful and lethal,’ Missouri AG says as he information amicus temporary
– Houston Astros fan, 17, shot in head whereas using house from sport, has died, father says
– Samuel Olson case: Theresa Balboa charged with capital homicide in Texas boy’s dying
– Houston aquarium capturing leaves 2 useless, together with suspect and 1 harm
Stormy Daniels reacts after Michael Avenatti will get jail in extortion case
Stormy Daniels, who Michael Avenatti as soon as represented however then allegedly embezzled $300,000 from, mentioned Thursday that she hopes her beleaguered former lawyer is ready to flip his life round after being sentenced to 30 months in jail Thursday in a separate extortion case.
“He was a person you needed to belief and consider in, however the longer I knew him I started witnessing his lies and dishonesty till I noticed I too turned his sufferer,” Daniels mentioned in a press release Thursday. “I’m positive at present he discovered a reckoning. Let’s hope that that results in [an] sincere realization that he should change his life.”
Avenatti rocketed to fame in 2018 when he represented Daniels in lawsuits in opposition to then-President Donald Trump, who the grownup movie actress mentioned she had an affair with a decade earlier. Daniels alleged that she was paid $130,000 in 2016 by Trump’s private lawyer to remain silent concerning the fling. Trump denies the affair ever occurred. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Michael Avenatti sentenced to 2.5 years in jail in Nike extortion case
– Geraldo: Media ‘appears to be like silly‘ for selling ‘loathsome creature’ Michael Avenatti, as lawyer sentenced
– Ex-CNN common Michael Avenatti’s fall from stardom full as he will get jail time for Nike extortion plot
– Nike has no sympathy for Avenatti after extortion sentence
AOC seizes on NYC subway flooding to slam Inexperienced New Deal critics
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., publish a video on-line Thursday, exhibiting a New Yorker wading by way of waist-high water at a metropolis subway station. The Democrat then used the video to mock opponents of her Inexperienced New Deal local weather proposal.
“The Inexperienced New Deal, which is a blueprint to create thousands and thousands of fine jobs rebuilding infrastructure to stem local weather change & shield weak communities, is unrealistic,” she mock-quoted within the tweet. “As a substitute we’ll do the grownup factor, which is take orders from fossil gas exes & make you swim to work.”
Tropical Storm Elsa has been dumping heavy rain on the area after touring north from the Caribbean.
Enterprise Insider reported that it appeared Ocasio-Cortez was referencing a video that confirmed an Exxon lobbyist speaking about an alleged effort to weaken President Biden’s local weather push. Her workplace didn’t instantly reply to an e-mail inquiry from Fox Information.
Biden has been criticized by progressives who say he has not adopted by way of strongly sufficient on marketing campaign guarantees to deal with local weather change. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– WATCH: Commuters compelled to go swimming as NYC subways flood
– MTG-AOC feud continues, with Republican concentrating on ‘the little communist from New York Metropolis’
– AOC affect in query after Eric Adams defeats her picks for NYC mayor
– Activist in AOC’s district blasts ‘defund the police’ motion: ‘There are shootings daily’
– LIVE UPDATES: Tropical Storm Elsa douses Mid-Atlanic, headed to New England
– Boulders roll onto freeway following 6.0 California-Nevada earthquake
– 2 Haitian Individuals amongst suspects held in chief’s assassination
– California spent $13M in taxpayer cash to guard empty houses amid homeless disaster: report
– NY Instances blasted for defending ‘pornography literacy’ for first graders: ‘These persons are sick’
– Devin Booker leads scorching Suns to essential Recreation 2 victory over Bucks
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– US set so as to add extra Chinese language firms to blacklist over Xinjiang
– Earnings growth is anticipated a yr after pandemic-driven skid
– Bezos all smiles at ‘billionaires’ summer season camp’ days after relinquishing CEO title
– Kevin Sorbo rips Hollywood for reaching ‘new stage of madness’ with Captain America’s anti-American sentiment
– The elite grasp’s levels that don’t repay
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to search out out what occurred on “This Day in Historical past.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
“All just isn’t nicely on the White Home – inflation, report ranges, companies, they’ll’t discover workers, extra lockdowns are actually imminent, even supported by the administration,” Hannity mentioned. “A southern border, nicely, that’s an unmitigated catastrophe.”
“Violent crime is rising in nearly each main metropolis on this nation,” he added, “Russia is hacking essential provide traces each month, China is brazenly now, threatening the US, our army and our allies, Iran is now again to enriching uranium at an alarming price and the withdrawal from Afghanistan is a poorly deliberate debacle.”
Not signed up but for Fox Information First? Click on right here to search out out what you are lacking.
Fox Information’ Go Watch web page is now obtainable, offering guests with Pay TV supplier choices of their space carrying Fox Information Channel & Fox Enterprise Community.
Fox Information First was compiled by Fox Information’ Jack Durschlag. Thanks for making us your first alternative within the morning! Have an incredible weekend, keep protected and we’ll see you in your inbox very first thing Monday.